EQUESTRIAN FACILITY, FARM & RESIDENCEThe Abel equine facility and Farm is a top-tier professional training and boarding facility. Facilities such as this simply are rare and do not often come to market. Just 29 miles from the Texas State Capitol in Austin, this property is minutes outside of the thriving small town of Elgin. The Abel Equine Facilities and Farm is a recreational and residential paradise for a discerning horse enthusiast eager to enjoy all that the property has to offer.
For over 40 years the owners have enjoyed and used this property. Between 2006-2019, the Gonzales Performance Horses team used this property as their training facility. Generally, one could expect 40-50 horses coming in and out of the facility in some stage of training. Over the years, the Gonzales team has produced and participated with World Champion horses and consistent Year-End awards.
Land / Habitat:
The land is flat, with a gentle slope. Between the horse facility and the +- 20 acres of Tifton and coastal improved pasture, this property feels much larger than it is! The owners were careful to keep a good number of hardwood trees on the property for wildlife and cover for livestock. The property has 2 entrances, providing an opportunity for long term hold in the future.
Equine improvements: AND MUCH MORE! Reach out for a full list of improvements!
including, but not limited to:
- 2 horse stables totaling 28 stalls; all stalls have automatic waters and electric outlet for fans
- Dog kennels (2)
- 5 holding/turnout pens
- Tack room and office
- 100 x 100 covered and lighted area with cutting horse with a mechanical cow for cutting
- 160 round pen with solid steel walls
- Covered cattle working area with squeeze chute
- 6 horse walker with 30 arms
- 20 x 30 enclosed shop with slab and lockable sliding doors
- Several cattle holding pens